For the Mother-To-Be and her Birthing Companion
Learn Relaxation Techniques so that you can give your baby a welcome that is calm, gentle, and safe.
Achieve birth fulfillment–awake and alert–in a totally relaxed state of mind and body.
What You Will Learn in Hypnobirthing Classes
Unit 1 – Building A Positive Expectancy
Introduction to the remarkable HypnoBirthing® philosophy
The History of Women and Birthing
Why and how you can have an easier, more comfortable, and safer birthing
How Nature perfectly designed women’s bodies to birth
How to assist, rather than resist, your natural birthing instincts
The vocabulary for calm and gentle birthing.
Visualizing gentle births by viewing beautiful birthing videos
Unit 2 – Falling in Love with Your Baby/Preparing Mind & Body
The remarkable mind of your newborn baby—Prenatal bonding techniques
Rapid and instant self-relaxation techniques and deepening techniques
Breathing techniques for labor and birthing
Hypnotic relaxation and visualization
Selecting the right care provider
The Birth companion’s role in birthing
Preparing your body for birthing with massage and toning
Unit 3 – Getting Ready to Welcome your Baby
Preparing Birth Preference Sheets
Preparing the Body for Birthing
Light Touch Labor Massage
Your body working for and with you
Avoiding artificial induction and achieving a natural start to labor
Releasing negative emotions, fears and limiting thoughts.
Unit 4 – An Overview of Birthing – A Labor of Love
Onset of Labor – Thinning and Opening Phase
Birth explained simply
Settling in at the hospital or birthing center
Preparing for home birth – or baby’s choice of birth
As labor moves along – passing time through labor
Hallmarks of labor
If labor rests or slows – Companion’s prompts and activities
As labor advances – birthing with your baby
Protecting the natural birthing experience
Birth rehearsal imagery
Natural Birth Classes
Unit 5 – Birth, Breathing Love, Bringing Life
Moving into birthing
Positions for descent and birthing
Breathing baby down to birth
Baby moves to the breast
Family bonding with your baby
HypnoBirthing® offers you “Class” and so much more!
What You Get
- Your own copy of the 302-page HypnoBirthing Text, HypnoBirthing– The Mongan Method
- 5 information-packed class meetings, helping you to understand why labor is managable
- 5 professionally written scripts for your home practice
- 2 Mp3s for your relaxation, stress reduction, and bonding (Including the program cornerstone disk, Rainbow Relaxation)
- Handouts for planning your Birth Preferences
- A set of Birth Prompts for your birth Companion
- Demonstration and practice in optimal birth positions
- A hypnotic/meditative session in building birth confidence and eliminating fears
- A Guide to good pregnancy nutrition
- Several deep relaxation techniques for use during birthing, plus
- Well-paced instruction designed to build your confidence and help you to have a safer, easier, and more comfortable birthing
- Special calm breathing methods for use throughout labor and during birthing
- Private instruction if desired
The HypnoBirthing® Advantage
- Eliminates the Fear-Tension-Pain Syndrome before, during, and after birthing.
- Eliminates or greatly reduces the need for chemical painkillers.
- Shortens the first stage of labor by several hours.
- Eliminates fatigue during labor, leaving mother fresh, awake and with the energy for actual birthing.
- Eliminates the risk of hyperventilation from shallow breathing methods.
- Promotes special bonding of mother, baby, and birthing companion.
- More rapid postnatal recovery.
- Returns birthing to the beautiful, peaceful experience that nature intended.
- Creates a more integral role for the birthing companion.
Public sessions $325 per couple
Private sessions $425
Skype sessions $450
click here to sign up. Distances outside a 20 mile radius, a travel fee will be quoted.
Class dates, time and locations for 2019
UF Birth Center
15255 Max Leggett Pkwy, Jacksonville FL 32218
Monday 6pm – 8:30pm
March 3/4 – 4/1 This session is closed
May 5/6 – 6/10
August 8/5 – 9/2
October 10/21 – 11/25
8850 Goodby’s Executive Dr, Jacksonville, FL 32217
Tuesday 6:00 – 8:30pm
May 5/7 – 6/4
August 8/6 – 9/3
October 10/1 – 10/29
City Wellness Spa
120 Sea Grove Main St, St Augustine, FL 32080
Saturdays 5 pm – 7:30 pm
April 4/6 – 4/27
May 5/4 – 5/25
August 8/3 – 8/24
please check back or call for 2019 dates
↓with mind body link below↓
McHugh Chiropractic & Healthcare
12525 Philips Highway Suite # 205
Jacksonville, FL 32256
March 3/1 – 3/29 This session is closed (private sessions offered)
May 5/3 – 5/31
August 8/2 – 8/30
October 10/4 – 11/1
Active Purpose / SB Sculpting
Sunday 6 pm – 8:30 pm
6817 South Point Pkwy. Suite 2304
(4 blocks from St Vincents Southside Hospital)
March 3/3 – 3/31 This session is closed (private sessions offered)
May 5/9 – June 6/9
August 8/4 – 8/25
Check back or call for HypnoBirthing® public refresher class dates.
HypnoBirthing® private refresher class offered, contact Vonda 904-599-1058 for info.